- After you have been nominated, you are eligible to apply
- To apply, complete and submit an application online. Click on "Apply" in the top menu.
- Click here for the "How to Apply" Instructions.
- See Application Workshop presentation for additional background and details.
- Attach supporting documents, videos and business logo
- Submit by TBD
Winners will be announced by TBD. All applicants are invited to attend the SQA Ceremony on TBD. Winners receive 2 complimentary tickets and other great benefits!
- Sustainable Economic Development
- Commitment to the long-term economic sustainability of your operations and the local and regional economy
- 4 application questions
- Social Responsibility
- Commitment to sustaining human resources within your organization and local community
- 4 application questions
- Stewardship of the Natural Environment
- Commitment to sustaining resources in the natural environment
- 5 application questions
The Grand Prize Award
Demonstrates excellences in all 3 areas Sustainable Economic Development, Social Responsibility, and Stewardship of the Natural Environment
- 13 application questions
Successful applications will demonstrate excellence in the following ways:
Innovation: The business demonstrates leadership in sustainability by being among the first in the Santa Monica area to create or adopt a more sustainable strategy, method, process, procedure or technology.
Commitment: The business participates in a comprehensive or significantly greater number or degree of sustainable practices than the typical business in its industry.
Documented Results: The business reports the measureable results of its adoption of sustainable practices, such reduction of energy use or number of internships created for youth and/or underrepresented members of the community. Businesses should also describe realized benefits such as cost savings or an increase in sales.
SQA applicants are encouraged to include supporting material as attachments to their applications. This may include existing company literature, photographs and other graphic materials illustrating key points.
Examples of supporting materials to include:
- Company or employee manual
- Utility bills
- Details of renovations or retrofits
- Purchasing and environmental policies
- List of charitable donations (in-kind or monetary)
Previous Winners’ Applications
- Healthy Spot
- Perry's Cafe
- Phelps Agency
- Santa Monica Bike Center
- Santa Monica Travel and Tourism
- Tiato Santa Monica
- Locanda Del Lago
Application Assistance and Mentors
For more information or assistance in the application process, please contact:
To be connected with a Past Winner Mentor, please contact: