- Nominate your business. See eligibility requirements.
- Staff will contact you to verification eligibility.
- Complete and submit online application. Browser requirements: Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 9 or higher. Chrome and Firefox recommended.
- Attach supporting documents, videos and business logo.
- Review Application Workshop Presentation for background, process details and mentorship.
- Submit by February 12, 2020 at 11:59pm
Grand Prize Award
A grand prize winner demonstrates excellences in the areas of Sustainable Economic Development, Social Responsibility, and Stewardship of the Natural Environment.
An excellence award winner demonstates excellence in one of the following three categories:
- Sustainable Economic Development - commitment to the long-term economic sustainability of your operations and the local and regional economy
- Social Responsibility - commitment to sustaining human resources within your organization and local community.
- Stewardship of the Natural Environment - commitment to sustaining resources in the natural environment
Successful applications will demonstrate excellence in the following ways:
Innovation: Your business demonstrates leadership in sustainability by adopting new strategies procedures and/or technologies that promote stewardship of the natural environment, social responsibility and sustainable economic development.
Commitment: Your business implements a significantly greater number or degree of sustainable practices than the typical business in its industry.
Documented Results: Your business reports the measureable results of its sustainable practices, such as reducing energy use or creating internships for youth or underrepresented members of the community. Businesses should also describe realized benefits such as cost savings or an increase in sales.
SQA applicants are encouraged to include supporting material as attachments to their applications. This may include existing company literature, photographs and other graphic materials illustrating key points.
Examples of supporting materials to include:
- company or employee manual
- utility bills
- details of renovations or retrofits
- purchasing and environmental policies
- list of charitable donations (in-kind or monetary)
Previous Winners’ Applications
- Healthy Spot
- Perry's Cafe
- Phelps Agency
- Santa Monica Bike Center
- Santa Monica Travel and Tourism
- Tiato Santa Monica
- Locanda Del Lago
Application Assistance and Mentors
For more information or assistance in the application process, please contact:
To be connected with a Past Winner Mentor, please contact: